Seals, O-rings and Gaskets For Demanding Applications
Parts made with high-performance DuPont elastomers help engines and heavy equipment run longer, safer, cleaner and more efficiently.
Specialized, high-performance seals, O-rings and gaskets made from DuPont elastomers provide durable solutions for high heat and aggressive chemical uses.
They’re designed to help maintain performance, to help manufacturers comply with stricter standards and specifications, and to help reduce emissions and risk of unexpected downtime.
Meeting Key Challenges
In the automotive industry, increasingly stringent emissions regulations, the increase in manufacturer warranty times and the elevation in engine temperatures re-set the checklist for material properties.
For aerospace seals, the latest engine and equipment designs have prompted the need for more exacting solutions that combine high resistance with custom fit.
For the chemical processing industry, the focus is on improving uptime performance by reducing seal failures.
A Portfolio of Choices
From both a cost and longevity perspective, the broad DuPont elastomer portfolio provides customers more ways to collaborate to meet changing technology, regulatory and marketplace demands.
Let’s take a look at a few of these proven performers.
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts are used for extreme chemical and temperature demands in the chemical process and aerospace industries.
- Viton® fluoroelastomer polymers are used in the chemical process industry (CPI) because they an economical solution in high-temperature and harsh-chemical environments.
- Viton® is selected for use in automotive fuel systems, due to its low emission advantages as result of low permeation of many fuel types.
- Viton® is also used where exposure to engine oils, automatic transmission fluids (ATF) and greases at high temperatures is required.
- Vamac® ethylene acrylic elastomer is the elastomer of choice for automotive applications, such as automatic transmissions, as a result of excellent performance in automatic transmission fluids (ATF) and engine seals, such as rocker cover gaskets and oil pan gaskets.
- Neoprene polychloroprene has been used in sealing applications since the 1930s for its many advantages over natural rubber, including resistance to heat, weather, ozone, flame, oil, hydrocarbon fluids, and a broad range of other chemicals.
Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
Hytrel® thermoplastic elastomer is versatile and durable, offering designers better options for flexibility and strength in applications ranging from auto parts to furniture.