Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
- Critical Seals in HDPCVD Processes
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
Glass Handling Sweep-Out Fingers
Vespel® SCP-5050 sweep-out fingers and stacker bar inserts for glass handling help increase plant reliability and efficiency and reduce operating costs at Veda-Pack glass manufacturing sites
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Processing Guide for Zytel® HTN Family of Resins
Molding guide for Zytel® HTN family of resins, which are based on similar, but structurally different semicrystalline, partially aromatic polyamide copolymers.
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
- High Performance Polymers
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
Crastin® SF resins are tailored to reduce your molding cycle time with superior flow properties that enable filling of the mold at lower melt temperatures.
- Kalrez® Composite Seals
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Kalrez® Slabs and Sheets
- Heat Resistant Elastomers
Chemical Resistant Elastomers
DuPont has a portfolio of chemical resistant elastomers and thermoplastics to match a broad spectrum of challenges – from aggressive automotive fuels to custom industrial equipment.
- A Guide to Elastomer Properties
- Polymer Properties Guide
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Medical Device Materials
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Sorona® for Commercial-Grade Carpet
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems