DuPont™ Nomex® KD – Innovative Spunlaced Technology for Hot Gas Filtration
For over four decades, a filter media made of DuPont™ Nomex® brand fibre has been considered as the leading edge product in typical filtration applications such as asphalt production and cement clinker coolers.
In order to better serve these industries worldwide, DuPont has developed a new filter media: DuPont™ Nomex® KD spunlaced.
This innovative special blend of DuPont™ Nomex® and DuPont™ Kevlar® fibres combined with hydro entanglement process (spunlaced technology) significantly helps increase the surface area of the filter media. This consequently helps improve filtration efficiency up to 65%.
In addition, filter media structure helps allow easier dust cake release and also reduces jet cleaning frequency, leading to operating energy cost saving and extended bag life.
- Up to 65% better filtration efficiency and 18% lighter filter weight
- Enhanced filtration of particles less than 2.5 micron
- Potential to reduce operating energy cost
- Potential to reduce material cost
- High dimensional stability for longer durability and bag life
- Improved spark resistance resulting in reduced break open effect
- Keeps dust cake more at the surface
- Continuous operating temperature up to 200°C, with short peaks up to 240°C