DuPont™ Tyvek® 600 Plus Coveralls – the Best of Both Worlds
DuPont™ Tyvek® 600 Plus garments (model CHA5a) combine the performance of a Type 4 coverall with the durability, protection and comfort of a Tyvek® suit.
Tyvek® 600 Plus is made of Tyvek®, but the coveralls offer the added benefit of protective design features and over-taped seams. They help provide an effective barrier against many water-based inorganic chemicals in low concentration, small sized hazardous particles and biological hazards. These coveralls are ideal for occupations that require effective whole suit protection offered by a Type 4 suit because they are exposed to heavy liquid aerosols or toxic airborne solid particulates. Yet, being robust and breathable they help offer an ideal balance of chemical, particulate protection and comfort.
Recent update: new packaging for an improved garment
Enhanced design for increased flexibility and comfort
- Improved garment fit: extra flexibility and freedom of movement
- New hood design: optimised to fit the contours of the face, ensuring fewer leakage points during head movement
- Larger zipper puller: much easier to grasp when wearing gloves.
- Certified to latest European Standards: including the Type 4 spray test, which is 3x more stringent than its predecessor
New packaging: Informative and educational
New name and model references: to reflect the product changes
FEATURES & INFORMATION
Tyvek® 600 Plus coverall
This coverall offers ideal protection in work environments where there is risk of liquid splashes as it is equipped with tight taped seams and a high protective barrier.
EXPLORE THE DETAILS:
Zip flap and chin flap
Tyvek® zip fastening and self adhesive zip flap and chin flap for increased protection
Self adhesive elasticated waistband provides a good fit
Shape of elasticated hood
especially designed for tight fit around full face respirator
Stitched and overtaped seams
offering equal barrier as the fabric
Stretch rubber thumb loop
attached to the end of the sleeves. It is to be pulled over the thumbs and ideally suited for overhead work and when extreme arm movements are required, so that it prevents the suit sleeve from riding up. For safety reasons, the use of thumb loops is only recommended when double gloves are worn.
Socks attached to the ankles (optional)
for wearing inside safety boots or shoes, with additional boot flap to ensure increased protection
Chemical Protective Coverall Category IIIClick for more
Type 4 – Protection against liquid aerosols
(Norm: EN 14605)
Type 4B – Biological protection
(Norm: EN 14126)
Type 5 – Protection against airborne solid particulate chemicals
(Norm: EN ISO 13982-1)
Type 6 – Limited protection against liquid mist
(Norm: EN 13034)
Electrostatic discharge if properly groundedelectrostatic
(Norm: EN 1149-5: 2008)
Protection against particulate radioactive contamination
(Norm: EN 1073-2)
Product Data Sheets (2)
Additional Information (15)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® 600 Plus (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® 600 Plus with Socks (PDF)
- CE Certificate Tyvek® 600 Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® 600 Plus (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® 600 Plus green (PDF)
- DoC Tyvek® 600 Plus with Socks (PDF)
- DuPont Personal Protection Product Catalogue (PDF)
- Permeation Guide (PDF)
- DuPont™ Tyvek® provides a legacy of protection at Severfield Reeve
- Energiewerke Nord GmbH has been relying on protective coveralls made from DuPont™ Tyvek® for over ten years
DuPont Trains Fleet Street News Crews in Biohazard Protection
DuPont trains Fleet Street broadcasting and print media news teams for the possibility of a flu pandemic or other biohazard emergency.
Ledoux & Tyvek® Coveralls
Purchasing Managers from the French Groupe Ledoux explain why they selected Tyvek® coveralls to protect their workforce.
Crime Scene Protection with DuPont Tyvek®
For over 40 years, DuPont has worked with emergency services the world over to help provide protective clothing solutions, e.g. at crime scenes.
UKAEA protective clothing developed with DuPont
UKAEA uses DuPont Personal Protection expertise to provide a solution for its specific protective clothing needs.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Keeping superbugs at bay
The Ebola crisis and the escalating fight against untreatable bacterial and viral diseases show no signs of abating and point towards a new level of risk for paramedics and other emergency responders.
Cleanroom Protection with Tyvek® Clothing
Effective combination of personal and product protection in a Cleanroom.
Excellent Permeation Resistance to Chemicals
Independent tests confirm that protective clothing made of DuPont™ Tyvek® provides excellent permeation resistance to chemicals.
Donning and Doffing
Learn more about the correct procedures for the donning and doffing of personal protective coveralls.
Professor Tytonius & Tyvek® Protection
DuPont introduces Professor Victor Tytonius, the cyber scientist who specialises in worker protection and chemical protective clothing and materials.
Because Tyvek® Makes the Difference
Touch any garment from the comprehensive DuPont ™ Tyvek® product range and you immediately notice the difference. Antistatically-treated Tyvek® is a unique and versatile material that is tough and exceptionally low-linting, yet extremely light and soft. It is permeable to air and water vapour, yet repels water-based liquids and aerosols, as well as fine particles and fibres.
- Virus hunters search for the next deadly disease outbreak wearing Tyvek® coveralls
Cytostatic Contamination Protection with Tyvek® and Tychem®
In addition to providing product protection, Tyvek® and Tychem® also meet the requirements of Category III for personal protection from chemicals.
- DuPont™ SafeSPEC™ - facilitating garment selection
DuPont introduces DuPont™ Tyvek® 800 J limited-use coverall
A+A 2013 marks the market launch of the new Tyvek® 800 J coverall by DuPont, the specialists in innovative body protection.
Trends in chemical protective clothing: High wearer comfort, multiple protection and integration of additional functions
At A+A 2015 DuPont Personal Protection offers an insight into current developments in chemical protective clothing
- Chemical Protection - considerations for PPE when handling hazardous chemicals
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Chemical Protection
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Dust & Particle Protection
- Nuclear Protective Clothing
- Food Processing Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical Protection for Military and Police