DuPont™ Kevlar® Prepreg HPA – Efficient Ballistic Protection
The logistical task of providing forces with the right protection equipment is a challenge that requires a prompt, flexible, effective response.
Combining the ballistic properties of DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fibre with phenolic resin, Kevlar® Prepreg HPA is a high performance material for vehicle armour applications, helping to offer ballistic protection in the toughest of environments. With additional manufacturing benefits such as minimal wastage and enhanced productivity, Kevlar® HPA is a very efficient and cost-effective solution and a material of choice, particularly where fire and flame resistance are important. It helps provide:
- Excellent ballistic performance for protection against projectiles and fragments
- Incorporation of Kevlar® high tenacity K129 fibres for lightweight ballistic solutions
- Outstanding FST performances
- Proven durability in service
- Availablity upon request in rolls up to 160cm width, minimizing scrap and reducing overall manufacturing costs
- Faster curing due to high reactivity of material enables increased helmet or armour production rate
- Low consolidation pressures and no mold thermal cycling required
- High rate of productivity bringing cost benefits, particularly for large tenders
- Easy to manufacture, convenient, cost-effective solution
Developed by DuPont, a science company creating sustainable solutions. DuPont™ Kevlar® Prepreg HPA combines high tenacity Kevlar® K129 fibres with PVB phenolic resin, giving the material its strength and flexibility.
DuPont has over two centuries of experience in providing military forces with critical materials. Our cutting edge technologies and materials continue to help provide leading edge protection for military personnel all over the world including military armour made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fibre.